Friday, March 25, 2011

A fun project with Hannah...

so, it is getting warm (not were we live, we have had snow twice this week!)But in some places it is. At church this past Sunday I planted seeds. Now I know this can get expensive but I have a few ideas. First check out your local Dollar Tree, they have seeds. If this doesn't work for you then do a seed swap, with friends, neighbors and family. Really you don't usually need all the seeds you get in a package. As for containers, my seeds are sitting in an egg shell, the top was broken off, egg was used, then shell was cleaned and now it has dirt and seeds, how cool is that? Next weekend at Home Depot I will be building a basket (for free) and that is were my seeds will go to when they are to big for there egg shell. So, do any cousins want to grow plants with me?

Love,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. hannah that sounds so fun! i wish we lived closer so we could swap seeds.
    we really want to do a vegtable garden in our back yard someday!
    will you post pictures of you plants? id love to see them
    love cousin tosh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis is taking up a second job (again) working for a nursery company, so we are definitely all over this one! I've never heard of using an egg shell, that's sounds so fun! We'll have to try it out! Thanks Hannah!!!

    ReplyDelete